Terms and Conditions
Below are some important terms and conditions for our products available. Please ensure you make yourself familiar with these when making a booking.
Tranzit Coachlines (Wairarapa) Ltd, trading as Tranzit Tours
Before you book a tour with Tranzit Tours, please take the time to read and understand these Terms and Conditions below.
These Terms and Conditions apply to bookings made from 12 October 2020 onwards, including new bookings made with credit vouchers issued following tour cancellations or postponements.
If you booked your tour prior to 12 October 2020, your original Terms and Conditions still apply.
- All costs associated with each tour are outlined in full within each tour itinerary. All pricing quoted is valid for the dates of tour when booked.
- Bookings for all Tranzit tours can be made through any Tranzit Coachlines Reservations Centre or an approved Travel Agent.
- Any person making a booking for others shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions on behalf of all individuals they are booking on a tour and it is the responsibility of the person making the booking to bring these Terms and Conditions to the attention of those individuals booked.
- A deposit as stated in the Tour Itinerary is payable to secure the booking.
- The balance must be paid in full by the date stated in the Tour Itinerary.
- Any reservation made within fourteen (14) days of the tour departure must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Cancellations, Postponements and Alterations
Cancellations by the Customer
- Cancellations 45+ days before tour departure date – a cancellation fee valued at 15% of your deposit, plus any other fees charged by other providers such as accommodation, ferry, activities etc.
- Cancellations 44 – 8 days before tour departure date – a cancellation fee valued at 15% of the total tour cost, plus any other fees charged by other providers such as accommodation, ferry, activities etc.
- Cancellations within 7 days before tour departure date – a cancellation fee valued at 25% of the total tour cost, plus any other fees charged by other providers such as accommodation, ferry, activities etc.
- No refunds will be made for cancellations made within one day of departure or once travel has commenced. Refunds will not be provided for unused portions of a tour, unless the Customer can provide genuine reason and documentary evidence that services were unable to be utilised (and a refund if applicable is available from the other provider) in which case the company will review each request and may provide a partial refund at the sole discretion of the company.
- Cancellations of one half of a twin share booking will result in the Customer cancelling being charged the cost of a single booking, if the Company is unable to match the twin share booking with another Customer.
Alterations by the Customer
- The Customer may transfer their booking to another person for the same tour and commencement date, but only if the other person satisfies all of Tranzit Tours requirements in relation to the tour and provides us a completed Booking Form. The Customer must notify Tranzit Tours in writing of the intended transfer at least 30 days prior to the commencement date of the tour. A $60 transfer fee per person/per transfer will apply (in addition to any supplier change fees).
Cancellations or Postponements by the Company
- Tranzit Tours reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or postpone a tour. With the exception of the Force Majeure section below, Tranzit Tours will:
o In the event of a tour being cancelled by the company prior to departure and not postponed – refund the total amount paid in respect of that tour or provide a credit, but will have no further liability to the Customer.
o In the event of a tour being postponed – rebook the Customer for the new departure date or provide a credit, but will have no further liability to the Customer.
- In the event of a Force Majeure event that occurs prior to, or during, a tour such as but not limited to fire, flood, volcanic eruption, earthquake, avalanche, severe weather, power outages, labour disruptions, pandemic, government controls or other events outside Tranzit Tours control that interrupts the ability to operate the tour in full or in part, or if Tranzit Tours determines that the quality of the tour or the health and safety of the Customer would be compromised, Tranzit Tours reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or shorten the tour and will be excused and released from its obligations without liability of any kind. Customers will receive a credit for postponed tours. For cancelled or shortened tours, refunds in these circumstances will be in full less any unrecoverable costs (i.e. expenses already incurred or fees charged by other providers). The Customer will be advised of any increased tour costs as a result of the postponement. Credits will be equal to the value of the payment made and must be used within 12 months. Customers are strongly advised to take out travel insurance.
- In the event of cancellation or postponement by the company, Tranzit Tours is not responsible for any consequential loss incurred by the Customer. Customers are again advised to take out travel insurance.
Alterations by the Company
- Before Tour Commencement: If a major change to the tour needs to be made before departure, we will inform the Customer of the change as soon as practicable and will advise of any consequential price increase or decrease. Tranzit Tours reserves the right to alter a tour (including the itinerary) and substitute accommodation facilities should unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary. Whilst every effort is made to adhere to the itinerary as provided, the company reserves the right to alter the touring and attractions as dictated by circumstances and conditions outside the company’s control. Alterations may be made to ensure the smooth running of the tour. Every attempt will be made to ensure alterations do not adversely affect the operation of the tour. The company will not be held responsible for weather-based cancellations, or those closures made at the tour provider’s discretion.
- Tranzit Tours will inform the customer as soon as practicable and will advise of any consequential price increase or decrease.
- Tranzit Tours recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover against things like lost or damaged luggage, accident or sickness, loss or theft of personal belongings and documents, or the need to cancel or shorten your tour. Please note that special conditions will apply for pre-existing medical conditions with all travel insurance policies.
Health and Fitness
Tranzit Tours are generally able to accommodate most fitness abilities; however, some tours may require a certain level of physical fitness for full enjoyment of tour activities. The Customer must inform Tranzit Tours, at the time of booking, of any health or fitness restrictions that may limit participation of tour activities or put the Customer, tour staff or other customers at risk. The Customer acknowledges that their suitability for a tour, or any activity within a tour, is wholly the Customer’s responsibility.
Payment of a deposit by the Customer to secure a Tranzit Tour acts as a warranty that:
o the Customer is reasonably healthy and/or fit to participate in the tour, and
o the Customer does not have a health, physical condition or disability that would create risk to themselves, tour staff or other customers, and
o the Customer indemnifies Tranzit Tours from all actions, claims and demands arising out of any want of health or fitness.
- Tranzit Tours reserves the right to decline a booking on medical, health or fitness grounds at its sole discretion.
- Tranzit Tours reserves the right to remove a Customer from a tour, or quarantine a Customer on tour, if their health and/or fitness interferes with the tour or staff safety or other Customers safety or tour experience in any way. Any additional costs associated with a Customer’s removal from tour or placement into quarantine, shall be borne by the Customer. Refunds will be made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Tranzit Tours are operated by staff with decision making authority while on tour. By travelling with Tranzit Tours, you agree to accept the authority of the driver/guide and their decisions are final in all matters likely to affect the wellbeing, safety or experience of any customer or staff member on board. Failure to adhere to reasonable requests or any inappropriate behaviour that is degrading the experience of other customers, may result in the Customer being removed from the tour. If a Customer is asked to leave a tour, any costs associated with returning home will be borne by the Customer and any unused portion of the tour will not be refunded
- Tranzit Tours include goods and services provided by other operators such as hotels, attractions and transportation companies. Customers are advised to familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions on which these services are supplied. Accordingly, Tranzit Tours will not be responsible and will be excluded from liability for any loss, damage, omission or acts being negligent or otherwise, committed by other goods and service providers used in connection with the tour.
- Tranzit Tours is not liable for any loss, damage, delay, or injury caused to the traveller or their baggage whilst under the care or control of a third-party provider. A Customer’s baggage and personal effects shall be carried at the owner’s risk as provided for under the Carriage of Goods Act.
- Tranzit Tours is not responsible for any losses or additional expenses to the Customer due to tours impacted by Force Majeure events that occur prior to, or during, a tour such as but not limited to fire, flood, volcanic eruption, earthquake, avalanche, severe weather, power outages, labour disruptions, pandemic, government controls or other events outside Tranzit Tours control that interrupts the ability to operate the tour in full or in part, or if Tranzit Tours determines that the quality of the tour or the health and safety of the Customer would be compromised.
Acceptance of Risk
- The Customer acknowledges that all Tranzit Tours may be subject to risks and dangers beyond that which might be experienced by the Customer at home. Except as provided in law, the Customer acknowledges that they assume all risk and Tranzit Tours is not liable for misadventure, death, injury, delay or loss which occurs during the tour.
- For the enjoyment of all travellers Tranzit Tours operates a seat rotation system which all travellers must participate in as a condition of booking.
- Photographs used to market any Tranzit Tour depict typical scenes experienced, but the subject matter may not necessarily be seen or experienced whilst visiting a destination within a tour.
- Whilst on tour, the Customer may be included in photographs and/or film taken by the guide or driver. These photographs may be used for future promotional advertising purposes and by booking on a Tranzit Tour the Customer authorises the use of any images they are captured in to be used without further consent or any payment of any kind. If the Customer does not authorise the use of their image for promotional purposes, they must make this known at the time of booking.
The laws of New Zealand govern these Terms and Conditions to the fullest extent allowable.
Concert and Event Transport - Conditions and Important Booking Information
1. Cancellations required before 5.00pm Thursday prior to event. Applies to bus transport cancellation only.
2. Cancellation fee of $10.00 applies per person.
3. No alcohol or smoking is permitted on the bus.
4. Toilets are not available on the bus, please make use of the facilities before boarding the bus as out of respect for the other passengers there are no toilet stops.
5. Consumption of hot food will not be permitted on board.
6. Tranzit cannot be held responsible for any ‘Passengers’ left behind at the end of the event; this responsibility falls on the individual. Departure times are stated and need to be adhered too.
7. Tranzit cannot be held responsible for the theft of 'Passengers' personal property or personal property left behind on the vehicle.
8. The ‘Passenger’ will be responsible for meeting any costs of repairing damage to the vehicle, or cleaning the vehicle as a result of the conduct and actions of the ‘Passenger’.
9. If travelling with friends please note that you may not be on board the same bus. We do not allocate seating on the buses. We suggest arriving together at your pick up location in plenty of time to board the same bus together.
10. Terms apply to fare paying passengers only. Separate terms apply for charter customers/passengers.
11. For any urgent transport enquiries on the day please call 0800 471 227.
Day Tours - Conditions and Important Booking Information
> Reservations & Payments
Tranzit Tours can be booked through your local Tranzit Coachlines Reservations Centre or an approved local Travel Agent.
> Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations made within 7 days of departure date will incur a 20% penalty fee - see below A refund will be made against acknowledgement of the reservation cancellation
1) Up to seven days out from departure: Reticketing at no extra cost or a refund less 20%
2) After Departure Time: Reticketing at 10% cost or refund less 50%
> Itinerary Variations
The company reserves the right to alter the tour package (including the itinerary) and substitute accommodation facilities should unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary.
> Tour Cancellations
Tranzit Coachlines Wairarapa Ltd reserves the right to cancel or withdrawal any tour or any booking made for a traveller. In this event Tranzit Coachlines Wairarapa Ltd will refund the total tour price, but will not have any further liability to the traveller.
Tranzit Coachlines Wairarapa Ltd are not liable for and deny all responsibility for personal injury or property damage arising out of these activities.
The arrangement providers, namely the carriers providing land, sea or air travel, the operators providing transfers accommodation tours meals and other services, all do so according to their conditions. The traveller accepts the arrangements subject to those conditions and accepts that their rights may be limited to those conditions as found in tickets, vouchers, signs, forms, contracts and the like.
The traveller has no right to claim against Tranzit Coachlines Wairarapa Ltd for any loss, damage, delay or injury caused to the traveller or their baggage whilst under the care or control of an arrangement provider. A traveller’s baggage and personal effects shall be carried at owner’s risk as provided for under the Carriage of Goods Act.
Tranzit Coachlines Wairarapa Ltd is not responsible for any losses or additional expenses due to delays or alterations in air, land or sea travel due to inclement weather, acts of God, strikes, breakdowns, civil unrest, quarantine, or other circumstances beyond its control.
> Brochure Validity
The prices quoted in this brochure are valid for the dates or tour numbers listed in it.
The photographs reproduced depict typical scenes experienced, but the subject matter may not necessarily be seen or experienced whilst visiting that destination. Whilst away with Tranzit Tours you may be included in some photographs and/or films taken by our guides and drivers that will be used for future promotional advertising purposes and by booking on to this tour you authorise the use of any images you are captured in to be used without any further consent or payment.