Friendly Feilding-Wellington Travel Club Day Tour
Friday 20 September 2019
A farming day tour with a difference! Today we explore a different sort of farming and the excitement of the sale yards.
Did you know that Ostriches have three stomachs? Or that it can sprint at over 70kph, covering up to 5m in a single stride? If you want to know more about Ostriches and how to farm them, then this is the tour for you. As well as the big birds, visiting the Feilding Sale Yards is on the itinerary, one of the largest in the Southern Hemisphere, where we will be guided around and learn about livestock selling.
Lunch will be at the Strong Room Restaurant and pre-ordered with the choice of fish n chips, pork and calamari salad, steak sandwich or a vegetarian option.Please advise when making your booking. Following lunch, we head off to the Kowhai Grove Ostrich Farm to discover more about the world’s largest flightless bird, why it eats pebbles, and do they really bury their heads in the sand?
The cost of the tour includes
- Feilding Sales Yard guided tour
- Lunch at the Strong Room Restaurant-to pre-order please contact the Tours Team.
- Tour of the Kowhai Grove Ostrich Farm
- Coach Transport
- Friendly Feilding Platform 9, Wellington Railway Station-travelling by Coach
- Johnsonville. Rd-opposite BP 7.40 AM
- Porirua, New World 7.50 AM
- Plimmerton, Bus stop outside BP 8.00 AM
- Pukerua Bay 8.10 AM
- Paraparaumu, Bus shelter opp railway station 8.30 AM
- Waikanae, outside Countdown 8.40 AM
- Levin, main bus stop outside Te Takere-Bath.St stop 9.20 AM
- Otaki, bus stop at the isite 235 Main.St 8.55 AM